Anyway, I had intentions of selling my baby to a friend not long after I got my new baby. Oh by the way I name my cars. Don't know why. My Capri's name is Clarice Capri. My new car is Millicent Mercedes. That's cuz she's a Black white girl. Hee hee.
Back to the story. A friend of a friend was interested in buying Clarice since he is on the bus at 48 dayum years old. That's a shame in California. You hear me! Anyway so I was going to sell him my Clarice for real cheap. Well why in the world did all sorts of issues come from this pending sale.
1. He could not pay the total amount of $800 that I was asking for the car in one payment. Ok I agreed to that.
2. He also wanted to wait to take the car until he got car insurance. So he didn't want to take the car with his 1st payment. I had Millicent now and a two car garage so it wasn't an issue for me to keep it here. He also didn't want to take the car until he paid for the whole thing.
3. Ok 4 months later brotha man has only paid half the amount for the car. So I called him to find out when he was coming to get the car. He said he'd be getting insurance for the car that weekend since now he had his licsence back. What the hell!!! Ok ok I'm just trying to get rid of the car. Do what you have to do I said.
4. Well he went to the insurance company to sign up for insurance...so he said. He tells me 2 months later that he thought the company was asking for too much. I'm thinking negro you just got your licsence back for reasons unbeknownst to me. I'm sure it was a driving issue. So of course your insurance will not be cheap. So he says he's gong to continue to look.
5. 3 months later I'm calling this man to find out what the F is going on. He tells me that his grandmother is really ill and that he is going to have to to go Oakland because he wants to see her before she passes. Ok I'm not a cold person so I definetely understand his situation. I know he needs a car and he's sort of a friend so I want him to be able to do better in his life.
6. Ok 1 month later I call him and he's in oakland again and his grandmother has passed. So I asked him what he wanted to do about the car. Well this fool tells me that he's decided not to get the car and that I should just give him his money back. Alright I'll give you the money back. Thank God I didn't spend it.
7. 2 weeks later he comes to get his money. I live on a very big hill so he calls me from the bottom of the hill to meet him down there. I go down to meet him and give him his money. Just so you know. In California when you sell a used car you have to get a smog check if you haven't had it done within 3 months. $65 then since the car had been sitting the battery was dead so I bought one just for him. Now you know I didn't have to. Can you say As Is. So I took the amount that I paid to get the car ready for him out of his refund. Needless to say he wasn't happy but what could he do. Keep steppin.
8. So here we are several months later and I"m calling all these salvage yards to try to take Clarice. Most have said they're not interested. Then I finally got one that said they would give me from $50-$100! What the hell my baby is worth more than that. The car still runs good. I'd probably still be driving it if it wasn't wrecked. So I concede and say ok...cuz I'm just ready for Clarice to be gone.
9. It's been about 2 hours now and the company has not called me to say that they are on their way to get her. Lawd why doesn't anyone want my baby!?!?!
If you have any advice on a good place to send my baby please let me know.