Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ow ow ow ow ow ow


Well I'm sure you can guess that if I'm writing a post that I didn't win the damn Lottery! Grrrrrrrrr I'm mad about that but must push on.

Instead of winning the lottery I got back pain. Dammit. I was trying to move this cement bench top that I have in my yard. There were some guys here putting up new fencing and they didn't put the bench back together. I think I know why now! Well I bent over to lift it..(obviously not the right way) and realized that this damn thing is heavy. So the little bit that I lifted it off the ground I quickly put it back down. I didn't feel any pain at the time just went on about my business. Well the next morning when I woke up I could barely get out of the bed! What the hell. At the time I didn't even remember the bench it took me almost 4 days to realize that that's what had happened. Is that a sign of age...lawd it probably is. sigh.

Anyway, my back was OK for most of the week except getting out of bed. That is until Friday when it was hurting all day long. So 2 Saturdays ago I went to Rite Aid and asked the Pharmacist what I should take that was over the counter. Motrin she said and take 3 tablets. Well I read the directions and it said to take 1 or 2 if 1 didn't help. So I figured the drug companies know what they are talking about and took 1. Well within a half hour I was feeling fine. That is until Monday when it took me a couple of hours before the back pain subsided. Then I went into work. On Tuesday, the pills didn't help and I was at work feeling like OMG! So I left early to make an appointment with the doctor. Of course my Doctor was unavailable so I had to go to Urgent Care. The Motrin had kicked in again so I was OK but the Doctor I saw gave me a prescription for muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen. Thank God he also gave me a Doctor's excuse cuz I was in hella pain this morning. It's been almost 12 hours and I'm finally feeling like I can walk about ok.

I was reading online something that said walking helps so I'm going to head out in a minute to return some lamp shades that don't fit. That makes no damn sense to me. Why wouldn't any lamp shade fit on to any lamp. It may not look right but they all should fit. So I'm back to playing the lottery and of course someone won the money after it went up to $200 mil or something. I think 3 tickets won. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh Yeah En Vogue is trying to come back. Good luck girls!




8 comments:

fuzzy said...

I'm gonna need you to control your spontaneous muscle man desires and use some logic! Who lifts a concrete or cement bench or whatever? I'm 24 and my fair shape of fit and I wouldn't of tried that, lol!

fuzzy said...

BTW, that pic... on a school pc... ummm Yea... bruh man almost got caught! It was worth it tho...

Unknown said...

yeah we have to watch that back...

En Vogue was okay on the view...but I am glad they are back though.

D-Place said...

Fuzzy you're right I don't know what I was thinking..I was just sick of it laying there...but it can stay there til it disintergrates now...lol

Gayte..ow ow you are so right. Yeah En Vogue was just ok...that's why I put up the clip from In Living Color.

Curious said...

I guess I need to send you a book or something. Everybody knows you lift with your legs and not your back just like when you're shoveling snow. Oh I forgot, you probably don't get snow in LA. Well anyway, next time use your legs or your fingers to dial and call somebody to do it.

blkbutterfly said...

lol @ letting it stay there until it disintegrates! yeah, i would imagine so. i hope by now your back's feeling better!

awww... you made me put together an EV play list. i'm going to essence fest and hoping i get to see them there.

i always tell people who'd ever thought Jamie would go from Wanda to an Oscar? lol...

Chet said...

You did what? Now you know that to properly lift you must squat first then lift. You will be just fine, oh about your non winning lottery numbers the key ids to keep trying you'll win something, or as they say " You gotta play to win." En Vogue a comeback? Not!

deonte' k said...

Be more careful buddy.. hope all is well now... and I want En Vogue to make a come back. ;)