Friday, March 13, 2009

I made it!


Hello All,



I'm in Ghana! You know the saying it's hotter than a witches coochie. Let me tell you that her coochie is just luke warm. It's hot here. We got here about 10pm and it was 84 degrees and humid.


Right away you can see the poverty. People scrambling to help you with your bags almost taking them from you to get you in their taxis. I keep hearing about how friendly people are here but I haven't quite experienced that yet. I think the people are very elegant however. There is an air of sophistication about them all. They are regal in their manner no matter their life circumstances. You can however tell the rich from the poor here.


Rich is what was on the plane with us. It was quite a culture shock on the plane in London to Accra you could count the number of white people. I think I counted 6.

We'll be going into town later today to experience more of the city before we move on to another region. You know I love art and in the hotel there was an art gallery. They actually let me take picutes of it. The pictures in this blog are a part of the gallery and just a few of my favorites.






8 comments:

deonte' k said...

Enjoy ur trip buddy :)

blkbutterfly said...

glad to hear you made it safely. enjoy every moment! :-)

Moanerplicity said...

Pleased to know you arrived safely. Take it all in, see all there is to see, smell all the smells, listen to the sounds & make your time there a fully-loaded sensory experience.

The paintings are beyond beautiful... they are gorgeous!

Snatch JOY!

One.

Pharoah said...

I'm estatic to know you made it safe and sound.

The paintings are beautiful, in fact you should buy the one of the kid drawing a horse for me as a belated birthday present! LOL =)
I'm very happy the let you take pictures in the gallery otherwise I would not been able to have that moment of happiness!

Unknown said...

glad to know that you got in safely...can't wait to see your trip from beginning to end...

Anonymous said...

good to see you made it safe...My trip to africa is coming this month ending....Im taking pics, and hope you are too!!

Anonymous said...

a witchies coochie...damn...


never heard that before, you got me cracking the hell up!!



HAVE FUN SWEETS!!

Anonymous said...

D! I am glad you made it safely. We want ALL of the details!

84 degrees after 10pm? Please don't fall out like the that lady who raised Celie's children in The Color Purple!