Thursday, October 20, 2005

What did you think of Noah's Arc?

Well Noah's Arc came on the Logo channel tonight for the 1st time. What did yall think? Well I saw the DVD's and saw it at the Film Festivale and still think the same thing. Good concept but weak acting. Not only do I think it's weak acting it also lacked any real Afro-centricness. Is that a word?? Well even if it's not I know you know what I mean. There are plenty of educated African American SGL men who are in situations such as the characters on this show. However, I'm just not quite sure that there are many brothas that can relate to these characters. 1st of all don't they all sound pretty white? Well except for the token large set effeminte brotha. Now I know there are all kinds of brothas walking around this big world, but I don't think many fit the characteristics of the men portrayed here. I'm sure for those brothas who do sound as white as the characters on this show, this was a big triumph. For me it wasn't. I know some very educated brothas and none of them sound a bit like anyone I saw on this show. The closest to my real world were the two finest brothas on the show below. What are your thoughts people?

No comments: