Thursday, July 05, 2007

I gotta re-think

Sometimes you just have to be tough! I have to re-think somethings in my life. I gotta start being tougher on myself and not giving up on myself. This includes re-thinking whose in my life.

Yeah there's something personal going on with me right now.

I started out today to go to the Writers Panel. One of the events taking place during the Beach Party festivities. I got dressed, got on the freeway, then got off 3 exits later and made a complete circle right back to my house. My spirit just wasn't able to handle what I expected to run into at the Marriott Hotel. I just couldn't do it.

I think I'm probably being overly sensitive, and loosing out on an opportunity for me to be enriched in someway. I just couldn't do it. My spirit made me stop and return home. I don't know why, but I chose to follow my spirit.


Maybe it was just my body realizing that I hadn't eaten since the cereal I had this morning and it was almost 3pm. Could it have been my sugar level dropping telling me to get home before you passout on the freeway or at the event? Whatever the case I came home made something to eat and my sugar level is back on track.

People can make you feel like you are loosing your mind. Either by a look they give you, a snide comment or simply ignoring your presence. This is when you need to stop, be still and re-think.

6 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

I'm glad that you choose to share you talents with the blogworld. I really appreciate it.

BronzeBuckaroo said...

Don't deride yourself as being overly sensitive. I think it was good that you listened to your instincts. There have been times when I have felt like you where I pushed myself. The result being like a throw of the dice.

Anyways, whatever is going on in your personal life with the peculiar looks given you, the snide comments, or the ignoring--stand strong and know you have me offering a willing shoulder to lean on or provide a reinforced backup whenever you need it. :-)

Corey Keith said...

It's good to re-evaluate people, actions, and choices that we make. But be careful no to let too many people affect your energy.

blkbutterfly said...

i think it's best you listened to your inner self and turned around and went home. all too often i think we push ourselves to do something b/c we think we should, when in reality, we need to step back and pull ourselves together.

i think come time for the next workshop, you'll be mentally and emotionally prepared to tackle it.

THE PISCEAN said...

Hey man, this is my first time visiting your blog and I must say that this right here "People can make you feel like you are loosing your mind. Either by a look they give you, a snide comment or simply ignoring your presence. This is when you need to stop, be still and re-think." Did me good today.
Thanks Man

Anonymous said...

I heard that! People surely will make you think you are losing ALL of your mind if you do not put that stuff in check!!!! You did the right thing by going back home.

Always follow the gut!!!!