Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Don't Know Why

I don't know why that all of a sudden I want to share my artwork. Maybe it was the nice things that some people said. So I changed the painting on my blog to a painting that I did in the 12th grade.

Sorry about the quality of the picture but I'm not that great at taking pictures of paintings. I guess there's an art to that as well.



I probably won't keep the picture up very long so I hope you enjoy it and it makes you think of good things. When I painted it my ex-sister in-law thought it was of her because she was pregnant. NOT! It was a tribute to my mother when she was pregnant with my younger sister who I was very protective of when we were young. I think my mother must have said something to me to cause me to be so protective. This painting depicts my mother, my sister inside and myself on alert.





I remember when anyone ever approached my sister I was right there to find out what they wanted with her. And it had better be a good reason!

My sister hated it though. hee hee

3 comments:

TheBlacks said...

I should probably commission you to paint something for me.

BronzeBuckaroo said...

I just don't know what to say. This is a great painting. And the fact that you did it back in 12th grade. WOW! Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something. You know it likes to give each of us little snippets of the possible in in ourselves, the true calling of our hearts.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is your work? It was the first thing I noticed when I came to your page today. I thought, "Oh, D changed his picture." I did not know it was an original piece of art! You go boy with your talented behind!