Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Palm Springs


Well I'm back from Palm Springs it was a very nice trip. The traffic from L.A. to there was a breeze. Which was unbelieveable. Normally it takes approximately 2 hours to get there from L.A. It only took me an hour and 15 minutes. Coming home was a different story since it was raining. That was no consequence to me as I stopped at the Cabazon Outlet mall on my way home to do some ME shopping.

I wish this mall was closer because you can really get some good deals in the Armani Exchange store there. I did buy some stuff too. Not that much because the rain was getting pretty bad and Cabazon is one of those outside malls.

While at my friends it was really sort of a strange experience on one level because out of the 45 or so people that were there probably all but 3 were a part of a couple. Granted a lot of them where white it still made me wonder, "What is it that they do that Black Brothas are not doing." I do know that they have less societal issues than we do but still. They have their issues of relationships just like we do. However, there were there and many of them were old couples having been together for many years. The oldest couple had been in a relationship for 30 years! The nice thing about them too was that they all seemed to be well educated, well traveled and financially secure.

Dayum why can't I have that with a brotha! Anyway, this topic is getting a little boring so I'm going to move away from this and on to something else. You decide why black successful men's relationships are not as successful. We have the same things they have.

No comments: