Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Handyman Saga Continues


Lawd a mercie! I know God is trying to tell me something and I believe I have figured it out. He's telling me to landscape yo own dang yard!

Now I know yall gonna think I'm crazy but here goes. I was on A4A (yall know you be on there too.) I just like lookin at the pictures...they too young for me on there. N E way, as I was browsing I ran across this add for this guy whose name I will not publish. (You'll just have to find him yourself.) In his profile he stated that he did landscaping.

IDEA BULB.
See if he is interested in landscaping your vacant lot you call a yard.

I sent him a message and asked him if he was a landscaper for hire. He responded yes he was. I continued with this arduous manner of sending notes through the A4A system. (Why they don't have instant messaging yet is beyond me.) After multiple notes, I gave him my phone number and he said that he would call me the next day after I got off of work to take a look at my yard.

Next day came. No phone call.
Then he emailed me apologizing for not calling and emailed me his phone number to call him to set up a time to meet.
I called and he was extremely apologetic and said that he would definetely come by the next day. I was working from home so I was open to anytime for his visit.

Wellllllllll it was about 11am and I had not heard from him. I gave him a call to see if he might have an estimated time of arrival. 2:30pm was his response since he would be in downtown L.A. before than and could swing by. That was cool with me cuz I get off at 3pm. Finally, I felt as if I would be getting this eye sore taken care of. So I was happy about that.

Ok it is not 1 day later and I have yet to hear from this brotha. Oh yeah this landscaper is a brotha. I try to give back to the community when I can you should too!

So here I am again stood up by a motha f&*kin gardner!

I am now committing to myself that I will do this yard on my own. It'll be just what I want. I won't have to worry about whether I'm being overcharged nor will I have to deal with another unreliable (insert adjective here).

I'll take pictures once it's done.

1 comment:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

I tell you about these muthafathas.
Niggas I tell you...

Gotta get right, oh oh o o o....